Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today is a great day

I have made it down to 180!! I did not think this day would come..ok I did, but it feels sooooo good!! I had made it down to 181.6 the beginning of last week..then the past few days I have been at 182.0. This morning all of a sudden I was 180.2! I had to take a double take because for a sec I thought it still said 182 but I was like no..no..that is a point...and the zero is BEFORE the point!!! haha. This is REALLY happening..after all of my discouragment and let downs! It is REALLY going down! It feels good to know I am doing this on my own by eating healthy and exercising. I have also noticed that if I miss a night of exercise my weight doesn't fly back up like it was doing in the beginning.

Still doing around 22pts or between 1200 - 1300 ish calories a day. Some people think that is too few calories, but I was looking into it and a lot of times shorter people need less calories. I don't feel hungry at at that amount. I feel satisfied. I also sit ALLL day at my job so I'm not burning much at all during the day until I work out. So yeah, that seems to work really well for me. If I try to do more calories/pts then the weight doesn't go down.
I am eating all the right things and exercising so I know it is not muscle that I am losing. It has been a consistent pound a week for almost 5 weeks! What a relief to know my body is OK and I CAN lose weight on my own again!
Can't wait to work out tonight..this is so motivating!! This is all really about finding what works for you. I haven't had as much water the past couple days yet my weight still went down. I think I don't need to shoot for 100oz anymore.. I think focusing on 3 (23.7oz) bottles a day is great. I can for sure drink 2 at work and the third at home. Then it feels more "real" and not so forced. If I get in more then great!
I have also incorporated coffee in from time to time. Definitely not regulary and mostly decaf. I have had some sugar here and there, but always account for it.
It have been so strict for so long. It is such a relief that things are on track and it is a "realistic" lifestyle now. I don't know what was going on for so long...maybe a mixture of being messed up from birth control pills, my body reacting to the IUD, trying phentermine and maybe just more calories than I realized I needed?
No matter what the cause...things are working now and that is what matters to me. I may not be super skinny this summer, but If I keep it up I will be my long time goal by December! 7 months from now...maybe sooner! That is assuming I lose 1lb a week.
Ok anyways back to work...but feeling sooooo great today!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment